Last updated in June 2022.
What is Rendity?
Rendity is a well-established real estate lending platform. It launched in 2015 in Austria and has since funded €103.86m worth of loans - see Rendity statistics for more historical performance insights.
- Privately-held business with Austrian seed venture capital backing
- Three types of real estate investments in Austria and Germany with different structures and risk levels
- Average ROI at 6.2%; no data on default rates
Who is Behind Rendity?
The platform doesn’t disclose the ownership structure details, but we presume that founders retain the majority of shares. In 2020, the company raised €1.8m in seed funding from a Vienna-based venture capital firm - aws Gründerfonds.
Rendity doesn’t publish its financial reports, so we have no information about its profitability.
Rendity's Investment Product
Rendity offers real estate loans for property developers and managers in Austria and Germany. All investments are secured with (residential) property collateral. Investments are divided into three categories:
- Rendity Income focuses on buy-to-let projects with relatively long maturities and quarterly income distributions. Investors earn money via rent payments from the tenants as well as the appreciation of the property value.
- Rendity Growth includes development loans – these tend to be shorter-term (although not very short – typically between 18 and 30 months) and structured as bullet loans. The loans serve to fund building new or renovation of existing property.
- Bonds are a relatively new product and offer more security (they are regulated and approved by financial market regulators) and tax advantages for Austrian investors.
There is no secondary market. You can set up an auto-invest strategy (a “savings plan”) that can include investments from all three categories.
How Much Can You Earn?
According to Rendity, investors’ average ROI stands at 6.2%. Income investments are lower-yield, at about 5%; growth investments offer approx. 7% interest rates. No data on defaulted and delinquent loans is available.
The platform doesn’t charge any investor fees. The fee structure for borrowers isn’t disclosed either. Rendity offers a €10 bonus after making an initial deposit.
Rendity runs a podcast series on real estate and investment trends.