Real Estate Crowdfunding for income & growth projects throughout the DACH region
Rendity is a real estate lending & property share investment platform that allows users to lend to & invest in real estate primarily in Vienna, the capital of Austria. The platform has also recently opened up for property in Berlin, the capital of Germany. As one of the few platforms they offer both income (loans) and growth (shares) real estate projects but only for residential property and either as already rented apartment units or as development projects. All the development loans, rental loans and portfolio property shares are all denominated in Euro.
|Business:||Real Estate Lending & Real Estate Equity Investing|
|Founders:||Lukas Muller, Paul Brezina & Tobias Leodolter|
|Countries:||Austria & Germany|
|Requirement:||EU Bank account|
Office location in Wien
Table of Contents
Rendity - Pros & Cons
Characteristics of Investment
4% – 7,5%
12 – 60 months+
Asset as Collateral ⇙
Minimum Investment ⇙
Direct Investment Structure
Real Estate Projects on Rendity
11 Key Information PointsThe comprehensive information-sheet about every project on Rendity can be divided into eleven different titles:
- Project Presentation: A short description of the real estate amount of units, square meters of space and how the apartments are designed if it is two, three or four-bedroom apartments and what specific demographic group the building is targeted towards.
- Deal Highlights: The most important positive highlights about the project such as “instant interest”, the developer’s prior experiences and usually a description of the area.
- Investment-Case: The overview of the case as an investment and key takes to know before investing, basically how much is needed and for what, how often will you get your interest, the plan for exiting within the term (usually 24 months) and a description of how the instant interest is structured.
- Documents: There are usually four types of documents attached to each project, with only one document in English (loan contract). The rest is in German since the property is located in either Austria or Germany.
- Project Costing: A thorough report of the costs involved with the project to validate the amount invested in the real estate. The largest costs being the property purchase and construction work, besides the marketing & sales, various duties resulting in a total investment amount that, subtracted the revenue, leaves an estimate of the net income of the project.
- Finance Structure: The finance structure is usually pretty straight forward, being divided into Equity, Crowdinvesting, and bank. While equity and the crowdfunded amounts are usually equally divided, the financing from banks is the main liabilities as in most real estate projects.
- Rendity Rating: This platform has a transparent and comprehensive rating system based on an assessment on different categories such as location, vacancy, track record, asset type, duration – resulting in a point score that is standardized to a letter score from D to A.
- Timeline: The timeline of the project is transparent and straight-forward, divided into the time of purchase, the start of planning/permit, the beginning of construction and development in sales.
- Location: A very comprehensive description of the area and its surrounding attractions, clearly describing what makes this specific location valuable and what the main group of people residing in the area is characterized by.
- Building Plan: This is purely images of the official building plan for specific apartments giving investors a look into the arrangement of space and how it is designed for the above described ideal renters.
- Team: The real estate development teams are usually from Austria or Germany and this description is done by the team itself, why it is mostly in German, with links and information about former projects done by the real estate development group.
Buyback Guarantee on Rendity
What Happens if the Platform Bankrupts?
- The direct structure means you are buying a claim/share against the company directly.
- The indirect structure means you obtain exposure to a project by investing in a project or loan issued by a platform company to the loan originator.
Real Estate as Collateral
The primary market on the platform for manual investing is straightforward and displayed simply, with an overview of every project sortable by Location (Austria/Germany), Category (Development/Portfolio Properties), and Status & Return. There are two types of real estate investments on the platform:
Rendity provides mostly real estate development projects handled by professional developers in Austria or Germany. The development is primarily renovation, building new property and revitalization of historic buildings. Three key characteristics describe the development projects on the platform:
- Structured as a loan
- Short term (12 to 36 months)
- Higher interest rates (up to 7,5+%)
For more information read visit Rendity’s page on their Strategy behind the Development Projects.
So far three rental properties have been listed on Rendity with a total funding amount of 2,2 million euros. The rental properties allow investors to buy into distributed rental income and appreciation of residential real estate. Four key characteristics describe the rental properties on the platform:
- Structured as a subordinated loan
- Quarterly dividend (3-4% p.a.)
- Long duration (3 – 7 years)
- Resell option after 24 months
For more information read Rendity’s page on their Strategy behind the Portfolio Properties.
Nice to Know for Investors
Registering at Rendity is very simple. Creating an account as an individual requires just an email and a password. The platform complies with KYC (Know Your Customer) and you need to provide an identification document when you withdraw money from the platform.
Deposit & Withdrawal Process
- Transferring money into the Rendity account with any of the below listed funding methods.
- Your funds will be available for investment within the day of confirmed arrival to Rendity (usually 1-3 banking days).
- After the funds are received and added to the account, you will receive an e-mail confirmation.
Rendity is always reachable by email and is fairly quick to answer questions you might have. Furthermore, the platform launched a chat function in the bottom right corner, allowing you to chat directly to the support within the business hours (GMT+1 Monday to Friday, 9.00 to 17.00) The down to earth approach and seemingly good customer relations is a benefit for the transparency of the platform and an easy way to get quick answers to any questions not available in the FAQ.
Who can invest?
Any person, 18 years or older, who has a European bank account can make investments on our platform. Companies with a bank account within the European Union (EU) can also invest.
Rendity FAQ: “Who can invest on the Rendity platform?”
Is Rendity Regulated?
Rendity Cashback Bonus - Get a 25 Euro Bonus on your first investment
Rendity has a referral program giving new investors a bonus on the amount invested within the first three months. P2PMarketData is part of this program that will also return 25 euro to us – without additional costs to you of course. So if you would like to support us while also receiving 25 euro yourself on your first investments, please use this link for signing up at Rendity.
|Total investments:||+€32 million|
|Average investor return:||6,10% p.a.|
|Number of investors:||2890|
|Number of projects||58|
|Average duration:||28 months|
|Average investment amount:||€2.603|
|Average investor age:||43 years|
|Small investor percentage:||76,5%|
|Lead investor percentage:||22,9%|
|Companies investor percentage:||0,6%|
Please note that this overview may contain affiliate links. It means that a commission is earned if you decide to invest after using the link – of course without additional costs to you. The information on this site does not constitute investment advice and is solely to give you a simple and easy overview of the platform. Always conduct your own due diligence and consult your financial advisor before making any investment decisions.